Rod Eadie has been practicing martial arts for more than 30 years and is passionate about building a more respectful and socially inclusive community, starting with the culture at Jiu Jitsu Dynamix.
Rod was a police officer for six years in Sydney and the Central Coast where he experienced first-hand the many social issues faced by people in our community. He firmly believes that martial arts training builds finely attuned, respectful, and active contributors in society.
Rod is currently writing martial arts into his PhD as an exciting way to compliment core Christian values and ethics. Much of his academic acumen forms the underpinning of his academy and martial arts instruction. With these concepts Rod believes every practitioner of Jiu Jitsu and MMA should have the opportunity to develop their values and ethical reasoning.
Rod is the husband of Kim and together have three boys. The whole family love Jiu Jitsu and love competing. Rod came back to the competition scene after a ten year lay off and dedicated himself to competing in the Masters division in BJJ. This has inspired him to assist other men over forty to reach their goals in Jiu Jitsu and to improve their overall health and lifestyle. Kim and their eldest son Lochie are assistant coaches at Jiu Jitsu Dynamix and each hold Australian and Oceanic titles in BJJ. Lochie is also a pro MMA fighter and conducts many small group and private coaching sessions.
Martial Arts Achievements:
- 2016 Silver & Bronze Masters Purple IBJJF Sydney International Open
- 2015 Gold Masters Purple Australian Championships
- 2015 Bronze Masters Purple Pan Pacific Championships
- 2015 Gold Masters Purple Oceanic Championships
- 2014 2 x Gold Masters Blue Oceanic Championships
- five wins and two losses in mixed martial arts competition
- 2004 NSW State Pankaration Champion
- 2017 Brown belt Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Professor Richard Norton
- Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jistu under Professor Richard Norton
- Recognised as 5th degree black belt Australian Martial Arts Association
- Black belt in Yi Tsung Kenpo
- Black belt in Zen Do Kai – freestyle karate
- PhD candidate
- Graduate Certificate in Criminology
- Received the Deans award for academic excellence in Criminology
- Master of Arts in Public and Contextual Theology
- Bachelor of Policing
- Certified Coach with Martial Arts Australia No: 11074
- Certified Trainer in MMA NSW Combat Sports Authority
- Working with children checks
- Justice Of The Peace
- Current First Aid
Before establishing Jiu Jitsu Dynamix, Rod’s career was as police officer working in Sydney and on the Central Coast for seven years. In his policing career he worked the beat, general duties, operation support group, criminal investigations, crime prevention, transit policing and school liaison. Rod exited the police force to take up ministry work with the Anglican church in 2008.